Zhao offers a quick history of China's foreign policy since 1949 and then offers a provocative assessment of it today.
Video: The Future of Public Health and Global Collaboration
Public health experts, industry leaders, and practitioners share their thoughts on the future of public health and how global collaboration can shape an outcome beneficial to us all.
In this wide ranging conversation, we hear from two China Centers for Disease Control veterans, from a public health specialist who previously headed World Health Organization health systems office for the Western Pacific, a physician and public health data innovator, and an epidemiologist with decades of experience working in the private sector. They look at what the current covid-19 crisis reveals about American and Chinese public health care systems, about communication between the two countries, and about what can be done to increase system readiness and resilence. In addition to threats posed by infectious diseases, the panel also examined efforts on chronic diseases and changing unhealthy behaviors.
You can also watch via our YouTube channel (please subscribe!).
- Wu Zunyou, Professor and Chief Epidemiologist China CDC
- Yang Gonghuan, Professor, Peking Union Medical College, former vice-director of China's CDC
- Michael Sprafka, Principal consultant, Woodford Research, former epidemiologist and pharmaeconomist for Proctor and Gamble and Amgen
- Vivian Lin - Executive Associate Dean, Professor of Public Health Practice - LKS Faculty of Medicine University of Hong Kong
- Bruce Y. Lee - Professor of Health Policy and Management - CUNY, Executive Director - PHICOR (Public Health Informatics Computational Operations Research)
- Clayton Dube - Director, USC U.S. - China Institute
Sponsors: U.S.-China Heartland Association, USC U.S.-China Institute
U.S. Trade Representative Katherine Tai: Openness, inclusion and fairness essential at home and as principles in dealing with China
Resilience, inclusion and communication central in her remarks
The Dragon Roars Back – Mao, Deng and Xi Jinping and China’s evolving relations with the world - Zhao Suisheng 赵穗生, University of Denver
Join us for a book talk with Suisheng Zhao on how Mao Zedong, Deng Xiaoping, and Xi Jinping each conceived and executed radically different approaches to China's relations with others.