Thank you for reading our newsletter and event announcements and for joining us in our online discussions of new research and issues in the news.
Video: The Future of Public Health and Global Collaboration
Public health experts, industry leaders, and practitioners share their thoughts on the future of public health and how global collaboration can shape an outcome beneficial to us all.
In this wide ranging conversation, we hear from two China Centers for Disease Control veterans, from a public health specialist who previously headed World Health Organization health systems office for the Western Pacific, a physician and public health data innovator, and an epidemiologist with decades of experience working in the private sector. They look at what the current covid-19 crisis reveals about American and Chinese public health care systems, about communication between the two countries, and about what can be done to increase system readiness and resilence. In addition to threats posed by infectious diseases, the panel also examined efforts on chronic diseases and changing unhealthy behaviors.
You can also watch via our YouTube channel (please subscribe!).
- Wu Zunyou, Professor and Chief Epidemiologist China CDC
- Yang Gonghuan, Professor, Peking Union Medical College, former vice-director of China's CDC
- Michael Sprafka, Principal consultant, Woodford Research, former epidemiologist and pharmaeconomist for Proctor and Gamble and Amgen
- Vivian Lin - Executive Associate Dean, Professor of Public Health Practice - LKS Faculty of Medicine University of Hong Kong
- Bruce Y. Lee - Professor of Health Policy and Management - CUNY, Executive Director - PHICOR (Public Health Informatics Computational Operations Research)
- Clayton Dube - Director, USC U.S. - China Institute
Sponsors: U.S.-China Heartland Association, USC U.S.-China Institute
Outside the Box [Office], USC U.S.-China Institute, and MTV Documentary Films present a Live Q&A with Writer/Director/Producer Hao Wu discussing his new documentary film 76 DAYS. Everyone who registers for the webinar will be sent a link to view the film 48 hours prior to the Q&A.
David Shambaugh speaks on his new book focusing on the United States and China in one of the world's most dynamic regions.