East Asia: Origins To 1800
This complimentary seminar offers in-depth presentations on the history and culture of the region as well as aids K-12 educators incorporate these learnings into their curriculums.
The course consists of three Monday evening sessions (5 – 8 pm) and four Saturday sessions (9 – 3:30 pm) at USC starting on March 2, 2019. On-campus parking and refreshments will be provided.
This program is sponsored by the USC U.S.-China Institute and the National Consortium for Teaching about Asia.
Click here for the flyer.
Application deadline: Rolling acceptance until February 20, 2019
- $250 stipend
- For LAUSC educators, 2 LAUSD salary points (no fee)
- For all other districts, 6 Continuing Education Units (processing fee applicable)
- East Asia-focused resources and materials for use in the classroom
*Must complete seminar requirements.
- Chinese Philosophy
- Pre-modern Korea
- Imperial China
- Classical and Warrior Japan
- East Asian literature and history and much more!
All sessions will be held at the USC campus; Monday sessions are 5-8pm, Saturday courses are 9-3:30pm and count as two separate sessions. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
|Sessions 1 & 2||Saturday, March 2|
|Session 3||Monday, March 4|
|Session 4||Monday, March 11|
|Sessions 5 & 6||Saturday, March 16|
|Session 7||Monday, April 8|
|Sessions 8 & 9||Saturday, April 13|
|Sessions 10 & 11||Saturday, April 27|
How to apply
- Step 1: Submit your application online (below).
- Step 2: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 3: Ask your school principal to confirm your teaching assignment by emailing email@example.com.
- Step 4: Mail a refundable $50 deposit check, payable to “University of Southern California,” to the address below to hold your registration. The check will be returned to you at the conclusion of the seminar or should you not be accepted.
*Applicants will be notified within one week once all four items are received.
USC U.S.-China Institute
Attn: Asia K-12
3502 Watt Way, ASC G24
Los Angeles, CA 90089