East Asia: Origins To 1800
This complimentary seminar offers in-depth presentations on the history and culture of the region as well as aids K-12 educators incorporate these learnings into their curriculums.
- $250 stipend
- For LAUSD educators, 2 LAUSD salary points (no fee)
- For all other districts, 6 Continuing Education Units (processing fee applicable)
- East Asia-focused resources and materials for use in the classroom
*Must complete seminar requirements.
- Chinese Philosophy
- Pre-modern Korea
- Imperial China
- Classical and Warrior Japan
- East Asian literature and history and much more!
How to apply
- Step 1: Submit your application online (below).
- Step 2: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 3: Ask your school principal to confirm your teaching assignment by emailing email@example.com.
- Step 4: Mail us a refundable $50 check.
*Applicants will be notified within one week once all four items are received.
USC U.S.-China Institute
Attn: Asia K-12
3502 Watt Way, ASC G24
Los Angeles, CA 90089
This program is sponsored by the USC U.S.-China Institute and the National Consortium for Teaching about Asia.