Zhao offers a quick history of China's foreign policy since 1949 and then offers a provocative assessment of it today.
Sonny Astani Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
USC Viterbi School of Engineering
Office: KAP 224B
Phone: (213) 740-6130
Professor Xiao's research interests are in seismic analysis and design of structures; experimental analysis of structures, components and materials, and implementation of new materials into structural design and retrofit.
- Ph.D., Kyushu University, Structural Engineering, 1989
- M.S., Kyushu University, Structural Engineering, 1986
- Dalian Foreign Language University, Japanese Language Study, 1983
- B.S., Tianjin University, Civil Engineering, 1982
- Li, X.; Xiao, Y.; and Wu, Y.T., “Seismic Behavior of Exterior Connections with Steel Beam Bolted to CFT Column,” Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Volume 65, Issue 7, July 2009, Pages 1438-1446. [SCI, EI]
- Huo, J.S.; Huang, G.W.; and Xiao, Y., “Effects of sustained axial load and cooling phase on post-fire behaviour of concrete-filled steel tubular stub columns,” Journal of Constructional steel Research, Volume: 65 Issue: 8-9, 2009, Pages: 1664-1676
- Cai, XJ; Tian, SZ; Wang, DP; Xiao, Y, “Networked collaborative pseudo-dynamic testing of a multi-span bridge based on NetSLab,” Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration, 8(3): 387-397 SEP 2009[SCI, EI]
- Xiao, Y.; Shan, J.H.; Zheng, Q.; Chen, B.S. and Shen, Y.L., “Experimental studies on concrete filled steel tubes under high-strain rate loading,” American Society of Civil Engineers, ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol.21, No.10, October 2009, pp.569-577. [SCI, EI]
- Wu, Y.T.; Xiao, Y.; and Anderson, J.C., “Seismic Behavior of PC Column and Steel Beam Composite Moment Frame with Post-Tensioned Connection,” ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol.135, No. 11, November 2009, pages: 1398-1407. [SCI, EI]
- Choi, K.G. and Xiao, Y., “Analytical Model of Circular CFRP Confined Concrete-Filled Steel Tubular Columns under Axial Compression,” American Society of Civil Engineers, ASCE Journal of Composite for Construction, Vol.14, No.1, Jan./Feb. 2010, pp.125-133. [SCI, EI]
- Choi, K.G. and Xiao, Y., “Analytical Studies of Concrete-Filled Circular Steel Tubes under Axial Compression,” American Society of Civil Engineers, ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol.136, No.5, May 2010, pp.565-573. [SCI, EI]
- Wu, Y.F.; Yan, J.H.; Zhou, Y.W. and Xiao, Y., “The Ultimate Strength of Reinforced Concrete Beams Retrofitted with Hybrid Bonded FRP,” ACI Structural Journal, V. 107, No. 4, July-August 2010, pp.451-460. [SCI, EI]
- Xiao, Y.; Zhou, Q.; and Shan, B., “Design and Construction of Modern Bamboo Bridges”, ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering, Volume 15, Issue 5, September/October 2010, pp.533-541. [SCI, EI]
- Deng, Y., Tuan, C.Y., Zhou, Q. and Xiao, Y. “Flexural Strength Analysis of Non-post-tensioned versus Post-tensioned Concrete-Filled Circular Steel Tubes”, Journal of Construction Steel Research, 67(2), 2011, pp. 192-202. [SCI, EI]
Honors and Awards:
- Registered Professional Civil Engineer in California.
- Fellow of ACI, elected in 2009
- Member of ASCE, CUREE
- Associate Editor, ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering
U.S. Trade Representative Katherine Tai: Openness, inclusion and fairness essential at home and as principles in dealing with China
May 15, 2023
Resilience, inclusion and communication central in her remarks
The Dragon Roars Back – Mao, Deng and Xi Jinping and China’s evolving relations with the world - Zhao Suisheng 赵穗生, University of Denver
Thursday, May 4, 2023 - 4:00pm
Join us for a book talk with Suisheng Zhao on how Mao Zedong, Deng Xiaoping, and Xi Jinping each conceived and executed radically different approaches to China's relations with others.