We’re looking for someone to help shape RADII’s visual identity — someone with an eye for good design and the talent to help create striking visual content.
It’s an editorial position and we’re looking for someone who really understands our mission and can help us make an impact through the stories we tell through visual media. This is a full-time position with commensurate pay.
Visual Editor responsibilities include:
- Helping shape the overall visual identity of RADII, including the site, our communications, and marketing materials
- Creating illustrations, GIFs, and graphic designs to go with our content
- Producing and sourcing visual story ideas, including but not limited to infographics and photo essays
- Managing our Photo of the Day series
- Contributing to video/photo projects
- Sourcing images/photos to accompany RADII stories and maintaining our Photo Library
Candidates are preferably in Beijing or Shanghai, but we welcome applications from other locations. You’ll know your way around programs in the Adobe suite such as Illustrator and Photoshop, along with other relevant graphics and photo editing software; you’ll also have a working knowledge of HTML.
Importantly, you’ll have a strong sense of how to create effective, attentiongrabbing visual media with Chinese elements, and be able to contribute a regular flow of original ideas in this area.
If you’re interested, drop us a line at email@example.com with your CV, visual portfolio and a short cover letter.
To learn about other open positions, visit radiichina.com/join-our-team/.
RADII is an independent media platform that provides a unique lens on today’s China and its next generation. We cut through the noise to uncover dynamic stories from the inside, spanning culture, creativity, tech and much more in between. Visit us at radiichina.com.
Based in China and the United States, and with contributors across the globe, we explore China from all angles. We ask “what is China?” every day, in ways no one has before.