Happy Lunar New Year from the USC US-China Institute!
CIEE Taiwan's National Chengchi University
This program is appropriate for beginning through advanced language students who have an interest in improving their Chinese while having the opportunity to take non-language courses taught in English that aid in understanding Taiwanese culture and society. The program offers a flexible and supportive environment in which to experience life at one of Taiwan's most prestigious national universities.
- Tentative Dates:Aug 31, 2020 – Jan 18, 2021 (20 weeks)*
- Credit:15 semester hours / 22.5 quarter hours
- Special CIEE core seminar taught in English and Chinese examines modern Taiwanese culture and society from a multi-disciplinary perspective
- Ideal program for students interested in furthering their study of traditional Chinese characters
- Small Chinese language classes for CIEE students
- Live with three Taiwanese roommates for full language and cultural immersion
- Internship for academic year students in their second semester
- Excursions to places of cultural importance around northern Taiwan, such as temples, tea plantations, porcelain works, and museums
- Cultural ambassadors
- Target language meals
- Lectures with speakers from the community
- For-credit internships
Classical Chinese Literature
Language of Instruction:
semester: 16 semester/24 quarter hours
academic year: 31 semester/46.5 quarter hours
optional winter term (academic year only): 6 semester/9 quarter hours
Overall GPA 2.75
2–8 semesters of college-level Mandarin Chinese or equivalent
1 college-level Chinese area studies course recommended
More information can be found here.
Ying Zhu looks at new developments for Chinese and global streaming services.
David Zweig examines China's talent recruitment efforts, particularly towards those scientists and engineers who left China for further study. U.S. universities, labs and companies have long brought in talent from China. Are such people still welcome?