A number of states have enacted laws prohibiting Chinese and others from “countries of concern” from purchasing homes or land.
CIEE Taiwan's National Chengchi University
This program is appropriate for beginning through advanced language students who have an interest in improving their Chinese while having the opportunity to take non-language courses taught in English that aid in understanding Taiwanese culture and society. The program offers a flexible and supportive environment in which to experience life at one of Taiwan's most prestigious national universities.
- Tentative Dates:Aug 31, 2020 – Jan 18, 2021 (20 weeks)*
- Credit:15 semester hours / 22.5 quarter hours
- Special CIEE core seminar taught in English and Chinese examines modern Taiwanese culture and society from a multi-disciplinary perspective
- Ideal program for students interested in furthering their study of traditional Chinese characters
- Small Chinese language classes for CIEE students
- Live with three Taiwanese roommates for full language and cultural immersion
- Internship for academic year students in their second semester
- Excursions to places of cultural importance around northern Taiwan, such as temples, tea plantations, porcelain works, and museums
- Cultural ambassadors
- Target language meals
- Lectures with speakers from the community
- For-credit internships
Classical Chinese Literature
Language of Instruction:
semester: 16 semester/24 quarter hours
academic year: 31 semester/46.5 quarter hours
optional winter term (academic year only): 6 semester/9 quarter hours
Overall GPA 2.75
2–8 semesters of college-level Mandarin Chinese or equivalent
1 college-level Chinese area studies course recommended
More information can be found here.
Chinese companies are among the world's largest video game firms. They are on the move in some of the fastest growing markets.
Throughout its history, the Chinese Communist Party has sought to dictate what is written and taught about its past. And some have always found ways to offer a fuller picture of what they and others have experienced.