Thank you for reading our newsletter and event announcements and for joining us in our online discussions of new research and issues in the news.
CIEE Taiwan's National Chengchi University
This program is appropriate for beginning through advanced language students who have an interest in improving their Chinese while having the opportunity to take non-language courses taught in English that aid in understanding Taiwanese culture and society. The program offers a flexible and supportive environment in which to experience life at one of Taiwan's most prestigious national universities.
- Tentative Dates:Aug 31, 2020 – Jan 18, 2021 (20 weeks)*
- Credit:15 semester hours / 22.5 quarter hours
- Special CIEE core seminar taught in English and Chinese examines modern Taiwanese culture and society from a multi-disciplinary perspective
- Ideal program for students interested in furthering their study of traditional Chinese characters
- Small Chinese language classes for CIEE students
- Live with three Taiwanese roommates for full language and cultural immersion
- Internship for academic year students in their second semester
- Excursions to places of cultural importance around northern Taiwan, such as temples, tea plantations, porcelain works, and museums
- Cultural ambassadors
- Target language meals
- Lectures with speakers from the community
- For-credit internships
Classical Chinese Literature
Language of Instruction:
semester: 16 semester/24 quarter hours
academic year: 31 semester/46.5 quarter hours
optional winter term (academic year only): 6 semester/9 quarter hours
Overall GPA 2.75
2–8 semesters of college-level Mandarin Chinese or equivalent
1 college-level Chinese area studies course recommended
More information can be found here.
Outside the Box [Office], USC U.S.-China Institute, and MTV Documentary Films present a Live Q&A with Writer/Director/Producer Hao Wu discussing his new documentary film 76 DAYS. Everyone who registers for the webinar will be sent a link to view the film 48 hours prior to the Q&A.
David Shambaugh speaks on his new book focusing on the United States and China in one of the world's most dynamic regions.