This program is designed for students majoring in business with no Chinese language background and those who have studied Chinese for several semesters. The program offers Chinese language training at both standard and intensive levels coupled with coursework, taught in English, in business, marketing, economics, international relations, and area studies. Students learn about contemporary business issues affecting China, and the affects of China as a rising power in the business world today.
- Deadline:May 1, 2020
- Dates:Aug 30 – Dec 13, 2020 (15 weeks)
- Credit:15 semester hours / 22.5 quarter hour
- Business program with English-language courses in Chinese business, marketing, economics, and international relations
- Comprehensive Mandarin language program for beginner to intermediate students, including unique accelerated language option for beginner students
- Language and Culture Practicum with business focus to bridge language acquisition and experiential learning
- Immersion in the local community by living with a Chinese roommate or family
- Cultural and educational activities such as visits to an acrobatics show, a river cruise, and a Chinese/CIEE student talent show
- Excursions to local companies, factories, and government agencies
- Week-long excursion to Yunnan or Sichuan
- Accelerated language track
- Peer language tutors
- Language clinic
- Non-credit internships
- Cultural reimbursement
Chinese Studies/Chinese Culture
Language of Instruction:
semester: 16 semester/24 quarter hours
academic year: 31 semester/46.5 quarter hours.
Overall GPA 2.5
0–3 semesters of college-level Mandarin Chinese or equivalent
3 semesters of college-level micro or macroeconomics, accounting, finance, management, or marketing
Note: East China Normal University will not accept students who are citizens of the People’s Republic of China (PRC), Taiwan ROC, Hong Kong SAR, or Macau. This includes those who are U.S. permanent residents. Students of Chinese ancestry who hold U.S. passports are welcome.
More information is available here.