U.S. Assistant Attorney General John Demers discussed the China Initiative and the process for assessing risks posed by Chinese acquisitions or the business operations of Chinese companies in America.
Taiwan and Latin American Relations: Achievements and Opportunities
This roundtable will specifically discuss Taiwan's diplomatic relations with countries in the region as well as its significant contributions to natural disaster preparedness and combating public health threats.
- "Taiwan's Diplomatic Relations in Latin America and the Caribbean after May 2016"
- Elisa Wang, Associate Professor, Institute of Latin American Studies, Tamkang University, Taiwan
- "Challenges and Opportunities of Taiwan's Latin American Policy: The Case of Cuba"
- Robert Chyou, Professor of the Department of Diplomacy, National Chengchi University, Taiwan
- "Why Taiwan Assistance Matters in Latin America and the Caribbean"
- John Sanbrailo, Executive Director, Pan American Development Foundation
- "Taiwan's Contributions to Disaster Management in Latin America and the Caribbean"
- Liza Mantilla, Director, Disaster Management, Pan American Development Foundation
As the dance over control of TikTok gets more complicated, last week it came out that the U.S. government has asked American-based video gaming companies where China’s Tencent is an owner or investor to detail how they handle the data of American players.
Please join the USC U.S.-China Institute for a book talk with author David Lampton. His new book examines China’s effort to create an intercountry railway system connecting China and its seven Southeast Asian neighbors.