In his book, author Cheng Li argues that American policymakers must not lose sight of the expansive dynamism and diversity in present-day China.
Pandemic panic: The surging violence against Asian Americans
Panelists will focus on the Asian American identity, the media portrayal of anti-Asian hate crimes, and how others can help support the community.
The Annenberg Cross-Cultural Student Association in partnership with the Annenberg chapter of the Asian-American Journalists Association is hosting a very important discussion on the rising cases of violence against Asian Americans during the pandemic. Panelists will focus on the Asian American identity, the media portrayal of anti-Asian hate crimes, and how others can help support the community.
- Anh Do (BA, Print Journalism and English, ’92), L.A. Times metro reporter
- Joyce Jang, USC SCAPE co-president
- Jon Funabiki, retired professor of journalism, SFSU founder of Renaissance Journalism
- Dr. Sherry Wang, associate professor, Santa Clara University, Department of Counseling Psychology
- Christina Yang, general counsel and pro bono director for Asian Americans Advancing Justice - L.A.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice special guest