Duke in China
Duke in China was inaugurated in 1982 and is one of the longest-running credit-granting programs in China administered by an American university. Based at the prestigious University of International Business and Economics in Beijing (UIBE), the program offers an intensive (two credits for 8 or 10 weeks of study) summer language program based in Beijing. UIBE is located in the Chaoyang District of Beijing, which is convenient to downtown, and has a modern, well-designed, picturesque campus. Rated as one of the top universities in China according to the Ministry of Education, UIBE is an academic institution with a reputation for excellence in teaching and research in the fields of international trade, business, and economics.
- Choose between the intensive language track (8 weeks) or business Chinese track with practicum (10 weeks)
- Teacher-Student ratio of 1:3
- Language pledge
- Language partner program
- Task-based learning activities
- Weekend excursions to the Great Wall and other sites in and around Beijing
- Mid-term program-sponsored trip to another part of China, usually Xi’an Language, Films, and Society class for all levels
More information can be found here.
Please join the U.S.-China Institute and PEN America for the West Coast launch of the PEN America report on social media in China, Forbidden Feeds. We will discuss the report and Chinese social media more generally.