Professor Carolijn van Noort from the University of West Scotland talks about her new book, which explores how China’s international political communication of the Belt and Road Initiative comprises narratives about infrastructure and the Silk Road.
Stop AAPI Discrimination and Mistrust
We stand with those fighting against bias and the discrimination and abuse it generates. Below are resources that may be useful to those who have been victims of hateful language or worse as well as resources to help teach about these problems and mobilize against them.
- Anti-Asian Violence Resource Card
- Bystander Intervention Training
- California Attorney General Hate Crimes Info (English | Chinese)
- U.S. Department of Justice, Los Angeles, Hate Crimes reporting
- Los Angeles Times covers anti-Asian racism
- U.S. Department of Justice Hate Crimes
- Newsletter and infographics on Anti-Asian Hate Crimes, March 11, 2021
- Panel discussion on the biases and discrimination against Asians and Asian Americans
- Looking at the U.S. Justice Department's China Initiative
- Panel discussion on the growth of the Asian American community
Messages, Remarks and Hearings
Joint Statement on Anti-Asian Hate and Violence, March 30, 2021 (Issued by seven USC departments and centers)
- President Biden and Vice President Harris' remarks about the ongoing attacks, March 19, 2021
- Written message from USC President Carol Folt, March 19, 2021
- Letter from USC Annenberg Dean Willow Bay, March 15, 2021
- Asian Mental Health Collective
- Stop AAPI Hate
- Stand Against Hatred
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Los Angeles
- National Asian American Pacific Islander Mental Health Association
- The AAPI Community Fund
Please join the USC U.S.-China Institute for a look at the resurgence of classical music in China through the legacy of the Philadelphia Orchestra, from its first performances in the PRC in 1973 until its most recent tour in 2018.
Kirk Denton will look at the role of politics—especially political parties—in the establishment, administration, architectural design, and historical narratives of museums in Taiwan.