Happy Lunar New Year from the USC US-China Institute!
Online Seminar - Contemporary China
This complimentary online seminar explores many aspects of contemporary China. In addition to building a solid foundation of knowledge, the seminar discusses ways to effectively incorporate China into your curriculum. This course is open to all teachers. Click here for the flyer.
- video presentations (two hours a week)
- mandatory online forum participation
- weekly live online discussion with an instructor (Tuesdays from 5-6 pm PST).
- 4 Continuing Education Units (processing fee applicable)
- Online resources and materials
|Online Meeting Time
|Welcome and Orientation
|Georgraphy and Demography
The Communist Party and the Hukou System
The Rise of China's Economy
Ying Zhu looks at new developments for Chinese and global streaming services.
David Zweig examines China's talent recruitment efforts, particularly towards those scientists and engineers who left China for further study. U.S. universities, labs and companies have long brought in talent from China. Are such people still welcome?