Online Seminar - Contemporary China
This complimentary online seminar explores many aspects of contemporary China. In addition to building a solid foundation of knowledge, the seminar discusses ways to effectively incorporate China into your curriculum. This course is open to all teachers. Click here for the flyer.
- video presentations (two hours a week)
- mandatory online forum participation
- weekly live online discussion with an instructor (Tuesdays from 5-6 pm PST).
- 4 Continuing Education Units (processing fee applicable)
- Online resources and materials
|Session||Date||Online Meeting Time||Topic/s|
|Intro||1/28||5-6pm PST||Welcome and Orientation|
|1||2/4||5-6pm PST||Georgraphy and Demography
The Communist Party and the Hukou System
The Rise of China's Economy
|3||2/18||5-6pm PST||Expanding Choices|
|5||3/3||5-6pm PST||U.S.-China Relations