Online Seminar - Contemporary China
Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 5:00pm to Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - 6:00pm
This complimentary online seminar explores many aspects of contemporary China. In addition to building a solid foundation of knowledge, the seminar discusses ways to effectively incorporate China into your curriculum. This course is open to teachers who live or work 30 miles away from the University of Southern California.
Application deadline: rolling acceptance until February 13, 2019.
The five-week seminar consists of video presentations (two hours a week) that participants watch on their own, an online forum, and a weekly live online discussion (Tuesdays from 5-6 pm PST).
This program is sponsored by the USC U.S.-China Institute and the National Consortium for Teaching about Asia.
Click here to download the flyer.
- 4 Continuing Education Units (processing fee applicable)
- Online resources and materials
*Must complete seminar requirements
- The Communist Party and the Hukou System
- The Rise of China's Economy
- China's Social Transformation
- Environmental Degradation
- U.S.-China Relations
- Global China
HOW TO APPLY
1. Submit your application below.
2. Ask your school principal to confirm your teaching assignment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Rolling acceptance until February 13, 2019. Applicants will be notified within one week once both tasks are completed.