East Asia: Origins To 1800 (Spring 2021)
This complimentary online seminar explores history and culture of East Asia and discusses ways to effectively incorporate it into your curriculum. This course is open to all teachers.
Application Deadline: rolling acceptance until Thursday, March 11, 2021
The online seminar includes:
- video presentations (two hours a week)
- mandatory online forum participation
- weekly live online discussion with an instructor
- For LAUSD educators, 2 LAUSD salary points (no fee)
- For all other districts, 6 Continuing Education Units (processing fee applicable)
- Online resources and materials
- Chinese Philosophy
- Pre-modern Korea
- Imperial China
- Classical and Warrior Japan
- East Asian literature and history
- and much more!
|Session||Date||Online Meeting Time|
|1||Wed 3/17||4-5pm PT|
|2||Wed 3/24||4-5pm PT|
|3&4||Sat, 4/10||9am-12pm PT|
|5||Wed 4/14||4-5pm PT|
|6||Wed 4/21||4-5pm PT|
|7||Wed 4/28||4-5pm PT|
|8&9||Sat 5/8||9am-12pm PT|
|10||Wed 5/12||4-5pm PT|
HOW TO APPLY
1. Submit your application below.
2. Ask your school principal to confirm your teaching assignment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is sponsored by the USC U.S.-China Institute and the National Consortium for Teaching about Asia.