East Asia: Origins To 1800 (Spring 2020)
This complimentary seminar offers in-depth presentations on the history and culture of the region as well as aids K-12 educators incorporate these learnings into their curriculums.
The course consists of five Saturday sessions (9-3:30 pm) at USC starting on March 7, 2020. On-campus parking, breakfast, lunch, and refreshments will be provided. Click here for the flyer.
Application deadline: Rolling acceptance until Sunday, February 23, 2020.
- $250 stipend
- For LAUSD educators, 2 LAUSD salary points (no fee)
- For all other districts, 6 Continuing Education Units (processing fee applicable)
- East Asia-focused resources and materials for use in the classroom
*Must complete seminar requirements.
- Chinese Philosophy
- Pre-modern Korea
- Imperial China
- Classical and Warrior Japan
- East Asian literature and history
- and much more!
All sessions will be held at the USC campus on Saturdays from 9am to 3:30pm.
- Sessions 1 & 2 - March 7
- Sessions 3 & 4 - March 14
- Sessions 5 & 6 - March 28
- Sessions 7 & 8 - April 18
- Sessions 9 & 10 - May
How to apply
- Step 1: Submit your application online (below).
- Step 2: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 3: Ask your school principal (or vice principal/department head) to confirm your teaching assignment by emailing email@example.com.
- Step 4: Pay the $50 refundable deposit at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/east-asia-origins-to-1800-spring-2020-tickets-85717365949. Once you complete the course and its requirements, we will add $50 to your $250 stipend and you will receive a total of $300.
*Applicants will be notified within one week once all four items are received.
USC U.S.-China Institute
Attn: Asia K-12
3502 Watt Way, ASC G24
Los Angeles, CA 90089
This program is sponsored by the USC U.S.-China Institute and the National Consortium for Teaching about Asia.