Contemporary China (Spring 2021)
This complimentary online seminar explores many aspects of contemporary China. In addition to building a solid foundation of knowledge, the seminar discusses ways to effectively incorporate China into your curriculum. This course is open to all teachers.
Application window has closed.
The five-week seminar includes:
- video presentations (two hours a week)
- mandatory online forum participation
- weekly live online discussion with an instructor (Tuesdays from 4-5pm Pacific Time).
- 4 Continuing Education Units (processing fee applicable)
- Online resources and materials
SCHEDULE & TOPICS
|Session||Date||Online Meeting Time||Topics|
|1||2/2||4-5pm PT||Geography and Demography
The Communist Party & Hukou System
The Rise of China's Economy
|3||2/16||4-5pm PT||Expanding Choices|
|5||3/2||4-5pm PT||U.S.-China Relations
HOW TO APPLY
1. Submit your application below.
2. Ask your school principal to confirm your teaching assignment by emailing email@example.com.