[Update, Nov.7,2017] For photos of the events, please go to: https:
CIEE Taiwan's National Chengchi University
This program is appropriate for beginning through advanced language students who have an interest in improving their Chinese while having the opportunity to take non-language courses taught in English that aid in understanding Taiwanese culture and society. The program offers a flexible and supportive environment in which to experience life at one of Taiwan's most prestigious national universities.
- Special CIEE core seminar taught in English and Chinese examines modern Taiwanese culture and society from a multi-disciplinary perspective
- Ideal program for students interested in furthering their study of traditional Chinese characters
- Small Chinese language classes for CIEE students
- Live with three Taiwanese roommates for full language and cultural immersion
- Internship for academic year students in their second semester
- Excursions to places of cultural importance around northern Taiwan, such as temples, tea plantations, porcelain works, and museums
- Cultural ambassadors
- Target language meals
- Lectures with speakers from the community
- For-credit internships
Classical Chinese Literature
Language of Instruction:
semester: 16 semester/24 quarter hours
academic year: 31 semester/46.5 quarter hours
optional winter term (academic year only): 6 semester/9 quarter hours
Overall GPA 2.75
2–8 semesters of college-level Mandarin Chinese or equivalent
1 college-level Chinese area studies course recommended
More information can be found here.
The USC U.S.-China Institute presents a book talk by Scott Tong and a unique perspective on the transitions in China through the eyes of regular people.