Los Angeles Chinese Film Festival
The Los Angeles Chinese Film Festival will run in Los Angeles at the Downtown Independent and will focus on Chinese language/culture films.
- Opening Film, Paths of The Soul, 6-8pm
- Shorts Program 1: Under The Same Sky, Night Spinning, A Test, Sheep Dotting Hillsides, Love After Time and No Sad. 8:15-10:15pm
- LGBTQ Night: Smokers Die Slowly Together, SHe, Blooming Night and Papa Rainbow. 10:30pm-12:45am
Saturday, Nov. 18th
- Documentary Feature and Experimental Short: Of Shadows and Ice Monster. 8:20-10:10am
- Narrative Feature, Crested Ibis, 10:20am-12:25pm
- Narrative Feature, The Last Painting, 12:40-2:40pm
- Documentary Feature and Animation Short: China's van Goghs and Fishes, Swimmers, Boats. 3-4:45pm
- VIP Night Experimental Special Screening, 6:30-10pm
Sunday, Nov. 19th
- Documentary Feature, Mrs. Lei (with Q&A section), 10am-12pm
- Narrative Feature and Doc Short: King of Peking and Summer at Ten (with Q&A section). 12:20-2:35pm
- Diversity Panel, 2:50-3:40pm
- Shorts Program 2: Hsiang Yi, Fish Tank, The Test, Winter Break, Arnie, and The Day Before Chinese New Year. 4-6pm
- Industry Panel, 6:20-7:10pm
- Community Screening (Free), 7:25-8:05pm
- Cocktail Reception, 7:30-8:20pm
- Award Ceremony, 8:30-9:30pm
- Closing Film, Free and Easy, 9:30-11:15pm
Cassie Gao, Rhodium Group senior analyst, spoke on Chinese investment in the U.S with a focus on California.
China accounts for over a quarter of the global video game/esports market. Lisa Hanson, who has studied the Chinese market since 2002, will highlight key trends in that market.