Traditional East Asia: Origins to 1800
We are no longer accepting applications for this seminar.
This complimentary seminar offers in-depth presentations on the history and culture of the region as well as aids K-12 educators incorporate these learnings into their curriculums. The course consists of six Monday evening sessions (5-8pm) and three Saturday sessions (9-3:30pm) at USC. On-campus parking and refreshments will be provided.
This program is sponsored by the USC U.S.-China Institute and the National Consortium for Teaching about Asia.
Click here for the flyer.
Application deadline: Rolling acceptance until February 17, 2017
6 Continuing Education Units (processing fee applicable) OR 2 LAUSD salary points (no fee)
East Asia-focused resource materials for use in the classroom
Participants who complete the seminar and its requirements are eligible to apply for the next USCI sponsored summer study tour to East Asia.
*Must complete seminar requirements.
- Chinese Philosophy
- Pre-modern Korea
- Imperial China
- Classical and Warrior Japan
- East Asian literature and history
and much more!
All sessions will be held at the USC campus; Monday sessions are 5-8pm, Saturday courses are 9-3:30pm and count as two separate sessions. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
|Session 1||Monday, February 27|
|Session 2||Monday, March 6|
|Sessions 3 & 4||Saturday, March 11|
|Sessions 5 & 6||Saturday, March 25|
|Session 7||Monday, April 3|
|Session 8||Monday, April 17|
|Sessions 9 & 10||Saturday, April 22|
|Session 11||Monday, May 1|
|Session 12||Monday, May 8|
How to apply
- Step 1: Submit your application online (below).
- Step 2: Email your resume to email@example.com.
- Step 3: Ask your school principal to confirm your teaching assignment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 4: Mail a refundable $50 deposit check, payable to “University of Southern California,” to the address below to hold your registration. The check will be returned to you at the conclusion of the seminar or should you not be accepted.
*Applicants will be notified within one week once all four items are received.
USC U.S.-China Institute
Attn: Asia K-12
3502 Watt Way, ASC G24
Los Angeles, CA 90089