LESSON PLAN # 3 - Secondary Level
LESSON PLAN INFORMATION
Subject/ Course: History
Time: 90 minutes
Topic/Key Question: What is a Geisha?
Name: Antonette Pelaez Date: Jan 14, 2022
A group discussion and presentation about Geisha in Japan.
Materials Needed (May vary depending on how students wish to present their group work)• Internet access
• Laptop computers
• Projector/ slides for lesson
• Students will identify what is a Geisha
• Students will research about what is the purpose of a Geisha
• Students will analyze the history of Geisha culture in Japan
• Students will orally present information using appropriate technology
Form small groups of students (3-5 per group).
Students brainstorm and research to find out what they know about the history and
culture of Geisha
Students create a script from which each member of the group is able to present the
topic, ask questions and feedback. Teacher’s Note
• Ask students to collect responses so that they can reflect at the end of the experience.
• Students communication amongst group members• Students reflect on creative process
• Observe participation of students and engagement with peers in group work