Murray Fromson reported from all around China (Korea, Hong Kong, Vietnam, the Soviet Union) and wanted to report in China. He almost got there in 1974.
Los Angeles Chinese Film Festival
The Los Angeles Chinese Film Festival will run in Los Angeles at the Downtown Independent and will focus on Chinese language/culture films.
- Opening Film, Paths of The Soul, 6-8pm
- Shorts Program 1: Under The Same Sky, Night Spinning, A Test, Sheep Dotting Hillsides, Love After Time and No Sad. 8:15-10:15pm
- LGBTQ Night: Smokers Die Slowly Together, SHe, Blooming Night and Papa Rainbow. 10:30pm-12:45am
Saturday, Nov. 18th
- Documentary Feature and Experimental Short: Of Shadows and Ice Monster. 8:20-10:10am
- Narrative Feature, Crested Ibis, 10:20am-12:25pm
- Narrative Feature, The Last Painting, 12:40-2:40pm
- Documentary Feature and Animation Short: China's van Goghs and Fishes, Swimmers, Boats. 3-4:45pm
- VIP Night Experimental Special Screening, 6:30-10pm
Sunday, Nov. 19th
- Documentary Feature, Mrs. Lei (with Q&A section), 10am-12pm
- Narrative Feature and Doc Short: King of Peking and Summer at Ten (with Q&A section). 12:20-2:35pm
- Diversity Panel, 2:50-3:40pm
- Shorts Program 2: Hsiang Yi, Fish Tank, The Test, Winter Break, Arnie, and The Day Before Chinese New Year. 4-6pm
- Industry Panel, 6:20-7:10pm
- Community Screening (Free), 7:25-8:05pm
- Cocktail Reception, 7:30-8:20pm
- Award Ceremony, 8:30-9:30pm
- Closing Film, Free and Easy, 9:30-11:15pm
Our "Finding Solutions" conference focused on the work of individuals, companies, and NGOs addressing some of China’s most pressing challenges. We had a large and diverse audience participate. Videos coming soon!
Ceremonies and Celebrations: Textile Treasures from the USC Pacific Asia Museum Collection, drawn from the museum’s extraordinary collection of over 2,700 costumes and textiles from China, Korea, Japan, India, the Himalayas and Southeast Asia. (September 14, 2018 through January 6, 2019)