Rise of East Asia: East Asia Since 1800
This complimentary seminar offers in-depth presentations on the history and culture of the region as well as aids K-12 educators incorporate these learnings into their curriculums. The course consists of six Monday evening sessions (5-8pm) and three Saturday sessions (9-3:30pm) at USC. On-campus parking and refreshments will be provided.
This program is sponsored by the USC U.S.-China Institute and the National Consortium for Teaching about Asia.
Click here for the flyer.
Application deadline: Rolling acceptance until August 31, 2017
- $250 stipend
- For LAUSD educators, 2 LAUSD salary points (no fee)
- For all other districts, 6 Continuing Education Units (processing fee applicable)
- Resources and materials
*Must complete seminar requirements.
- China in the 19th century
- Meiji Restoration
- Japan and WWII
- Modern China
- Environment, Health, and Aging
- East Asia through Film
and much more!
All sessions will be held at the USC campus; Monday sessions are 5-8pm, Saturday courses are 9-3:30pm and count as two separate sessions. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
|Sessions 1 & 2||Saturday, September 9|
|Session 3||Monday, September 18|
|Session 4||Monday, September 25|
|Sessions 5 & 6||Saturday, September 30|
|Session 7||Monday, October 9|
|Session 8||Monday, October 16|
|Sessions 9 & 10||Saturday, October 21|
|Session 11||Monday, October 23|
|Session 12||Monday, October 30|
How to apply
- Step 1: Submit your application online (below).
- Step 2: Email your resume to email@example.com.
- Step 3: Ask your school principal to confirm your teaching assignment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 4: Mail a refundable $50 deposit check, payable to “University of Southern California,” to the address below to hold your registration. The check will be returned to you at the conclusion of the seminar or should you not be accepted.
*Applicants will be notified within one week once all four items are received.
USC U.S.-China Institute
Attn: Asia K-12
3502 Watt Way, ASC G24
Los Angeles, CA 90089